It is about that very important device residing inside your bag or pocket; it is about that indispensable part of your life. You can forget taking anything while going outside, but can you spend hours without your mobile? You can manage to get all other important objects everywhere if you forget them taking with you while travelling; can you find a replacement of your mobile phone that will not let you remember ‘Oh darn! How could I forget my phone home?’ Yes, we can hardly pass one whole day without our phone, and we tend to lose smartness without our Smartphone!
If we give it a few moment and think of ‘we’ a few years back, we will not see our connectivity so enhanced as it is today. So, what was mobile phone to us a few years back? Mobile connectivity and its usage were never so complex. Personal usage was minimal and when enterprise stepped in and picked up a mobile for their workers it seemed to be as a special privilege or just the demand of the nature of the work. They used to come up with a moderate carrier rate plan, a mobile handset and they were done. For a selected few they used to arrange for a BlackBerry, probably. The best of breed companies, who were a little more equipped, introduced Wi-Fi connectivity for laptops. One day an innovator thought of finding computer inside the pocket and a technology mind turned the mobile phone into a computer and coined Smartphone. The phase between the invention of Smartphone and its ubiquitousness today have been very small yet had a breakneck pace. Within a few dates its contagious reach from one hand to the other has been remarkable and incredible. The curve reached straight to the top for the enterprise in adopting enterprise mobility to keep up with the height of the blue-chips. A large number of businesses introduced BYOD and today it is common like any other essentials that you carry with you.
Enterprise Mobility & Its Rapid Evolution:
Before internet and web interfaces reached all human beings, engineers started incorporating everything into the mobile phones. Billions of people are downloading innumerable number of applications every day. It spread took no time and today it is no more a computer ‘box’; it’s a ‘piece’ of device! Workers need information everywhere. From boardroom to the shipping doc, enterprises and the workers are connected. One day security issues rose it’s neck to have its portion of cake in the carousel of technology but it too has been taken care of again by the brainiacs.
Starting from the Financial Corporation, where security is the kernel thing, to Government matters, from Health industry to the world of Entertainment, from businesses to schools – all need “Power” of Mobility than that of Human Resources. Today employees can access all their business needs without compromising with security or cost implications.
Where Are We Standing With The Amazing Stats?
BYOD, security, ERP applications, CRM applications, tablets – the troop of Enterprise Mobility has become entangled part of our life. Here is an incredible roster of stats about Enterprise Mobility and business’s dependency on it:
- 67% of CIOs and IT professionals predict mobility will impact their businesses as much as or more than internet did in the 1990s. (Xcube Labs)
- A quarter of IT budget goes into Mobile app testing. (CIO insight)
- Only 11% of people access business applications from the corporate office (Cisco)
- Growth of Mobile CRM apps will reach 500% by 2014 (Gartner)
- 50% of businesses will use hybrid cloud by 2017 (Gartner)
- “80% of enterprises would experience a severe impact to their operations if there was a cloud outage of just a day” (Forbes)
- The BYOD market will reach the height of $181 billion by 2017 (MarketsandMarkets)
- “by 2017, Half of Employers will Require Employees to Supply Their Own Device for Work Purposes” (Gartner)
- “85% of companies support BYOD today, and more than 70% of IT executives surveyed believe companies without a BYOD strategy will be at a competitive disadvantage.” (Samsung)